Rules of DODGE BALL:
In the game of Dodge Ball, we can modify the rules of the game and make the team of 10 or 15 or as appropriate. In any game, the first priority should be that it should be interesting and all students should be able to participate.
It is a ball game regarded as a basic game of basketball because the players learn the skills needed for basketball through this game. This game is played in a court of (20 x 10) meters divided into two equal squares of 10 square meters each.
There may be 8 to 13 or more players in each team according to the number of students and their skill to play the game. The players of each Figure: Dodge Ball team are divided as court players and line players. The court players play inside their Own court while the line players stand near but outside the backline and sidelines of the opponent’s court.
A team can score a point if it hits any one of the opponent’s court players on any part of the body with a direct ball. The players can pass the ball to one another quickly to make rivals confused and difficult to protect themselves from ti hall-hit. In order to begin the game, the referee makes a toss first. The winner of the toss deserves the right to choose the court or first ball. The game is played for a period of ten minutes. The team scoring more points during the game is declared the winner.
Basic Skills of Dodge Ball:
The skills used in this game are hitting, dodging and passing.
1. One Hand Pass:
Players of dodge ball should be conscious enough to pass the ball to their own teammate in the right way. The ball should be passed to the teammate looking at the opponents to make their confused. A clever player can hit an opponent in a cleverer and smarter way by looking at their own Teammate While hitting the rivals. While hitting, the ball should not bounce on the ground because the opponents can receive the bouncing ball.
Skills of teamwork must be developed by all the players to develop a good spirit of the game in dodge ball. They should pass the ball to an appropriate teammate who can hit and score easily. It is better to dodge and make the opponents confused about the time of hits and passes. Such skills can be utilized to score higher
Rule of Dodge BALL:
– The substitutes are allowed to enter the game only during timeouts or in the case of injury.
– It can be played indoors or outdoors.
– The playing field should be as appropriate according to the number of players.
– The ideal measurement will be the size of a volleyball court.
– The soft sponge or rubber ball should be used.
– The aim of the game is to eliminate all opposing players by getting them “OUT”.
– This may be done by:
0 Hitting an opposing player with a LIVE thrown ball below the knees.
0 Catching a LIVE ball thrown by your opponent before it touches the ground.
– During play, all players should stay within the boundary lines. Players can go the boundaries through their end-line only to get the DEAD balls. They must also return through their end-line.
– The game begins by tossing a coin.
– The first team to “put out” all opposing players will be decided as the winner. If nor team has been eliminated at the end of the game, the team with the greater number will be declared the winner.
– Each team will be given one (1) 30-second timeout per game. At this time, the team can substitute players into the game.
– In order to make the game smoother, a violation will be called if a team holds the ball for more than 5 seconds.
– You are allowed to hit an opponent under his/her knee only.
Read More: Rules-and-Skills-of-Volleyball
Read More: Basic-skills-and-rules-of-basketball